Apple is expected to release the iPhone 14 series in September. In another few weeks, some of us will be holding either an iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Max, iPhone 14 Pro, or an iPhone Pro Max. The iPhone 14 family is expected to resemble its predecessor the iPhone 13 series. There have been many rumors and leaks about the Apple iPhone 14 series in the past.
iPhone 14 Features
Information gathered from leaks online points to these features:
- Display: iPhone 14 is slated to have a punch hole display with a FaceID cutout. It is also expected to come with a corning gorilla glass victus.
- Camera: iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max are said to accompany a 48 MP triple rear camera array. The other two non-Pro phones will feature the same dual camera as iPhone 13 models.
- Processor: Rumors suggest that the Pro models will have an A16 Bionic chipset. The non-Pro models will be fitted with an A15 chipset similar to the iPhone 13 series.
- Battery: Wireless charging as iPhone 13 will remain on the new series as well. The phones may offer up to 30W charging support.
- Colors: Green, purple, blue, black, white, and red colors are speculated for standard models. The pro models will be launched in green, silver, gold, and graphite colors.
Memory and Storage
The memory of the new iPhone 14 family is becoming quite a topic for discussion in the tech community. A media report claims that the high-end models of the iPhone 14 lineup will feature 6GB of LPDDR5 RAM. This is a faster and more efficient type of memory compared to older standards. Current models of iPhones feature LPDDR4X, and that's expected to continue in the standard iPhone 14 models. The lineup will reportedly look like this:
- iPhone 14: 6GB (LPDDR4X)
- iPhone 14 Max: 6GB (LPDDR4X)
- iPhone 14 Pro: 6GB (LPDDR5)
- iPhone 14 Pro Max: 6GB (LPDDR5)
Comparing this to previous iPhone models' memory capacities, iPhone 14 models are finally adopting what every other high-end mobile phone has made an industry-standard, 6GB RAM. Here is a quick RAM size comparison table of iPhone models:
- iPhone 13 – 4GB
- iPhone 13 Pro – 6GB
- iPhone 13 Pro Max – 6GB
- iPhone 13 Mini – 4GB
- iPhone 12 – 4GB
- iPhone 12 Pro – 6GB
- iPhone 12 Pro Max – 6GB
- iPhone 12 Mini – 4GB
- iPhone 11 – 4GB
- iPhone 11 Pro – 4GB
- iPhone 11 Pro Max – 4GB
- iPhone XR – 3GB of RAM
- iPhone XS – 3GB of RAM
- iPhone XS Max – 3GB of RAM
Apple’s iPhones have always used less RAM compared to Android phones. However, do remember that Apple’s iOS is designed to run on less RAM, whereas Android requires more to operate.click here!