Updated on June 22nd, 2022
Apple Worldwide Developers Conference also known as the Apple WWDC 2022 just got over. At the annual developer conference keynote, the company showcased four new operating systems, M2 chip, and laptops, and disclosed updates to platforms like CarPlay and SharePlay. It also introduced its buy now pay later service Apple Pay. Apple has promised more organized smart home controls as well.
- New iPhone software, iOS 16
- New Mac software, macOS Ventura
- New iPad software, iPadOS 16
- New Apple Watch software, watchOS 9
- The new Apple M2 chip
- New MacBook Air and 13-inch MacBook Pro with the new M2 chip
- Apple Pay Later, the buy now, pay later service
According to Apple’s SVP of software engineering, this is the “biggest update ever to lock screen, completely reimagining how it works”. The tech giant has given the lock screen a design overhaul by allowing users to customize the lock screen with widgets by pressing and holding.
Here is a list of new features that will be hitting the iPhones thanks to iOS 16:
- Customizable lock screen that lets users adjust the font and color of time and date. For those who are obsessed with screensavers, Apple will now let you shuffle background photos throughout the day or choose animated backgrounds. Lock screen notifications obstructing background pictures will no longer be a problem as notifications will now move to the bottom of the screen.
- The lock screen will also get a focus feature to allow users to filter notifications and choose important ones only.
- You will now be able to edit and unsend your message on iMessage. You can mark threads as unread as well.
- SharePlay is another feature that iMessage will be getting as a part of the new software update. Users will now be able to watch or listen to media simultaneously.
- Apple is adding a Live Text feature that will make it easier to copy text from photos. The update will also make it easier to switch between typing and dictation.
- Apple Pay Later will allow you to buy things in stores where Apple Pay is accepted and then pay it back in four payments over six weeks. Additionally, small store owners will now be able to accept Apple Pay directly with a tap of an iPhone. No need for extra hardware!
- It will now be easier to see transit fares in travel directions on Maps.
- Apple is making it easier for parents by arming the Family Sharing tool with an easier way to set up new devices with parental control settings.
- iPhones are set to get a brand new shared iCloud library to distribute photos with family and friends.
- Your location will no longer be tracked by your partner as the company has enabled a Safety Check center so you can revoke location access to other users.
- The Apple WWDC 2022 also announced a CarPlay update, which will allow drivers to control air conditioning, radio, and more, and will be integrated by several automakers, with the new cars being announced late next year.
This is a new software for Mac users. Here are the changes:
- A stage manager feature will be added to help users easily organize open windows. It lets users group apps together on the side and toggle through groupings of different windows.
- Mac’s Spotlight search bar got a boost and will now feature more results and the ability to take actions such as setting a timer.
- Mail will let you undo sent messages and will feature a more powerful search suggestion bar.
- Safari web browser’s shared tab groups will let users share groups of links with friends.
- Passkeys will now offer a password alternative that can be created using TouchID.
- Mac users will now be able to use iPhone as a webcam.
Successor to iPadOS 15, iPadOS 16 packs new features for “pro” users who like multitask. Here is a list of updates:
- Easy collaboration is what Apple promises with the new update. Users can now message one another or start a FaceTime call to discuss what they’re working on.
- A new app, Freeform will be launched later this year to improve collaboration on iPad. It is a collaborative whiteboard app that lets multiple people work on a document simultaneously.
- Similar to macOS Ventura, iPad is also getting a Stage Manager, which will let you overlay apps and change window sizes.
Apple Watch is also getting some updates as per revelations at the Apple WWDC 2022. Here is a list:
- The update will showcase new sleep-tracking features and users will now be able to see how long they are in each sleep stage. Sleep stage data will be displayed on Apple Watch in the Sleep app with more detailed information on your iPhones.
- The workout app also got some feature updates and now includes heart rate zones and new running metrics to track how efficiently you run.
- You can monitor and manage medications, vitamins, and supplements with the Health app. The app will allow you to create a medication list, set up schedules and reminders, and view information on their medications in the Health app.
- Apple Watch is also set to get a new Siri user interface and banner notifications. Users can also look forward to new watch faces, including an astronomy face and the lunar calendar.
Other Apple WWDC 2022 Announcements
The tech giant released two new laptops at Apple WWDC 2022; MacBook Air and 13-inch MacBook Pro both fitted with the new M2 chip, which was also debuted at WWDC 2022. Both laptops have high expectations as the M2 chip promises power-efficient performance with a boost in speed. The launch date of the laptops hasn’t been revealed yet.
More to read:
We hope you love our reviews! For your information, we do earn money from commission in the link in the content! For more information click here!