Updated on May 19th, 2022
The recent launch of the OnePlus 10 Pro has drawn quite some attention across the world. However, the question of the hour is "Can OnePlus 10 Pro stand out in competition with the new Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra?" And in this ongoing debate of Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra Vs.OnePlus 10 Pro, opinions are quite ambiguous until now.
We also reviewed each of these Android devices carefully to unravel the pros and cons of both for you. So, first, let's take a look at the specifications of both phones.
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra- Specifications
- Network- GSM / CDMA / HSPA / EVDO / LTE / 5G
- Body- 163.3 x 77.9 x 8.9 mm; 228 g / 229 g; Glass front (Gorilla Glass Victus+), glass back (Gorilla Glass Victus+), aluminum frame; Armour aluminum frame with drop and scratch resistance
- Display- Dynamic AMOLED 2X, 120Hz, HDR10+, 1750 nits
- OS- Android 12
- CPU- Octa-Core 1x3.00 GHz Cortex-X2 & 3x2.40 GHz Cortex-A710 & 4x1.70 GHz Cortex-A510 (except in Europe)
- GPU- Adreno 730 (except in Europe)
- Memory- 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 12GB RAM, 512GB 12GB RAM, 1TB 12GB RAM (available)
- Battery- Li-Ion 5000 mAh, non-removable
- Back Camera- Quad cameras include 108 MP, 10 MP, 10MP, and 12 MP.
- Front Camera- Single camera of 40 MP, f/2.2, 26mm (wide), 1/2.82", 0.7µm, PDAF
OnePlus 10 Pro- Specifications
- Network- GSM / CDMA / HSPA / EVDO / LTE / 5G
- Body- 163 x 73.9 x 8.6 mm; 201 g; Glass front (Gorilla Glass Victus), glass back (Gorilla Glass 5), aluminum frame
- Display- LTPO2 Fluid AMOLED, 1B colors, 120Hz, HDR10+, 500 nits (typ), 800 nits (HBM), 1300 nits
- OS- Android 12, OxygenOS 12.1 Snapdragon 8 Gen 1(except in China)
- CPU- Octa-core (1x3.00 GHz Cortex-X2 & 3x2.50 GHz Cortex-A710 & 4x1.80 GHz Cortex-A510)
- GPU- Adreno 730
- Memory- 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 12GB RAM, 512GB 12GB RAM ( available)
- Battery- Li-Po 5000 mAh, non-removable
- Back Camera- Triple camera including 48 MP, 8 MP, and 50MP
- Front Camera- Single camera of 32 MP
- Take a look at OnePlus 10 Pro 5G Volcanic Black with 8GB+128GB.
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra Vs. OnePlus 10 Pro- Which One Should You Buy?
From the specifications, it's pretty clear that both Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra and the OnePlus 10 Pro have quite similar features. Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra VS. OnePlus 10 Pro comparison will surely help us determine the best Android phone.
Well, Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra rubs off the advantage of a powerful processor and its impeccable zoom feature that you'll rarely find in today's smartphones. Besides, its efficiency-boosting S Pen is quite an exciting add-on to this model.
On the other hand, the OnePlus 10 Pro might struggle in terms of style but it challenges Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra in different ways. And, the most interesting competitive feature of the OnePlus 10 Pro is its fine-tuned cameras. Also, we love how OnePlus 10 Pro can match the performance of Samsung using the same chipset yet costing much lesser than the latter.
However, the question still persists in this battle of Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra VS. OnePlus 10 Pro- which is better? Deconstructing the specs of each model, we can better decide on this ongoing debate. Well, price is an important factor in this comparison. OnePlus 10 Pro is a lot cheaper than Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra. While OnePlus 10 Pro will cost you $800, Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra stands at $1199. But we feel that Samsung still has a little edge over OnePlus 10 Pro. That means 12GB/256GB OnePlus 10 Pro isn't available in the U.S but Samsung has no such geographical limitations. Plus, Galaxy S22 deals can help you save on the Ultra model.
Coming to the design, Galaxy S22 Ultra and OnePlus 10 Pro have quite a similar look. Yet Galaxy S22 Ultra emerges as a clear winner with subtle blending of camera section towards the back. While OnePlus 10 Pro also has a similar camera placement style yet it comes off really edgy in look. Besides, in display too, Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra nails the outdoor experience with high peak brightness up to 1750 nits. And, with HDR enabled it comes up to 1350 nits. Although OnePlus 10 Pro gives Galaxy S22 Ultra a tough competition in screen displays with its adaptive refresh rate yet it falls short in brightness level (715 nits).
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra leaves no stone unturned in its camera quality. OnePlus 10 Pro offers a great shot with a 48MP main camera, 50MP ultrawide angle lens, and 1 telephoto lens. Contrastingly, Galaxy S22 Ultra has two telephoto lenses coupled with a 108MP main camera along with a 12MP ultrawide angle shooter. So, Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra beats OnePlus 10 Pro here too. However, we think OnePlus 10 Pro has done a great job in cameras even though it isn't essentially a camera phone.
Lastly, in terms of performance, both showcased neck-to-neck results. However, only in a few aspects, Galaxy S22 Ultra beats OnePlus 10 Pro. Despite the impeccable GPU performance of OnePlus 10 Pro, Galaxy S22 Ultra outshines in transcoding 4K video using Adobe Premiere Rush. Also, Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra works with 5G technology whereas OnePlus 10 Pro is yet to get the 5G certification.
So, our analysis clearly points out to the winner of this Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra Vs. OnePlus 10 Pro comparison and its Galaxy S22 Ultra. Even though OnePlus 10 Pro's features and performance are quite edge-to-edge with S22 Ultra yet we think it could be better in a few areas. However, OnePlus 10 Pro offers great value for money.
Nevertheless, Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra is definitely worth buying. Such a high-end phone will surely meet your expectations in the best way.
If you're looking for some other models from Samsung Galaxy, you can check out SAMSUNG Galaxy Z Flip 3 5G Smartphone with Flex Mode, Intuitive Camera, and Compact 128GB Storage. You can also check out OnePlus 9 Pro Morning Mist, a great alternative option to OnePlus 10 Pro.
Want to know about Galaxy Watch 5 Rumors, check out here.
More stuff you may love
We hope you love our reviews! For your information, we do earn money from commission in the link in the content! For more information click here!